Thursday 7 February 2013


You Pull me in, 
and wrap your icy fingers around me
in a cold embrace. 

You swirl and twirl my hair, 
into a mess of beautiful curls. 

You sweep me off my feet, 
and pull me into your depths. 
Only to release me for a gasp of air. 

You hold me on my back, 
so that I may face the sky. 

You surround me with rhythm, 
and your repeated sway of movement. 

And when I finally leave you, 
the taste of salt still on my lips, 
I hear you calling me back, 
Begging me to allow you to pull me under once more.  


1 comment:

  1. The repetition of the word "you" at the beginning of all but the last stanzas makes this poem powerful...the last stanza...such a beautiful way to wrap it up. It has motion, and I am not sure if the waves in the background prompt me to this conclusion, but it feels like a rocking, a push and pull. The sound, the words and the images all seem to work together. Great job.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete